2 shell flaky pie crust
It's easy to learn how to make best flaky pastry recipe. best flaky pastry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make best flaky pastry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the best flaky pastry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup crisco or shortening
- 5-7 tablespoons cold water
- Mix salt and flour in a mixing bowl and cut in shortening with a pastry knife until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in water one tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add only enough water until dough holds together.
- Form dough into a ball and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out on lightly floured surface to about 1/8 inch thickness. Transfer to your pie plate and add filling.
- You can either Roll out the second dough ball for the top crust, or see my streusel topping recipe for a sweet, crunchy topping. Reserve other dough for your next pie
- You can cut the top crust into strips and weave a lattice top as an option
That's best flaky pastry recipe, Special thanks to jcroskey42 for making this delicious recipe.