Italian anise cookies
It's easy to learn how to make cokies. cokies is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cokies easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cokies! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp. anise extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 tbsp milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Add 2 teaspoons anise extract.
- Blend flour and baking powder in a bowl. Start by adding a third of dry ingredients to butter and sugar, then add 1 tablespoon of milk. Add another third of flour mixture and 1 tablespoon of milk. Finally mix in the rest of flour until dough is like a brownie batter (should be softer than a drop cookie dough) .
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to make round drop cookies. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- For icing, mix powdered sugar, milk and 1/8 tsp anise extract to make a glaze. I make it thick and microwave for 10 seconds. Dip top of cookies in glaze, turn over and immediately top with sprinkles so they stick. Let harden for a few hours or overnight.
That's cokies, Special thanks to kathydriver85 for making this delicious recipe.