Jonathan Apple and Spicy Banana Chutney
It's easy to learn how to make cranberry chutney recipe. cranberry chutney recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cranberry chutney recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cranberry chutney recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 4 Jonathan Apples
- 1 Banana
- 1 large Onion
- 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 2 Fresh red chili peppers (or dried red chili peppers)
- 5 Dried prunes
- 30 grams Dried cranberries
- 300 grams Granulated sugar
- 250 ml White wine vinegar (or grain vinegar)
- 10 cm Cinnamon stick (or powder - 1/3 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 stick Thyme
- 1 bunch Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Coarsely ground black pepper
- These are the ingredients.
- Remove the core from the apples, and slice into bite-sized pieces. Put them in a cast iron pot, coat with the sugar, and leave for about 1 hour.
- Thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the garlic, ginger, red chill peppers and prunes. Cut the lemon into quarter rounds, then thinly slice them. Cut the banana into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle 100 ml of the vinegar over the apples, and turn on the heat. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to very low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ingredients from Step 3, cinnamon, cranberries, black pepper, and rest of the vinegar. Simmer for about 40 minutes over very low heat, stirring from time to time.
- When the liquid in the pot has reduced like this photo, add the salt, turmeric, and chopped mint. Mix, simmer for another 5 minutes, and it's done.
- Transfer to clean sterilized jars, and seal with the lids. Place the jars upside down until the chutney has cooled down to sterilize the air inside. I normally keep them at room temperature in our house.
- Served with curry. The chutney's sweet and sour taste goes so well with the curry!
- Served with camembert cheese. The chutney shown in this photo is 2 years old!
That's cranberry chutney recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.