Popeye's Buttermilk Biscuits (copy cat recipe)
It's easy to learn how to make homemade biscuits recipe. homemade biscuits recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make homemade biscuits recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the homemade biscuits recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 cup All purpose flour (I used unbleached)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 Butter, to brush on top
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter.
That's homemade biscuits recipe, Special thanks to Makajo10 for making this delicious recipe.