Vanilla Christmas Layer Cake with Creamy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
It's easy to learn how to make red christmas cake. red christmas cake is one of my favorite menu.
How to make red christmas cake easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the red christmas cake! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 cup cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk, I used whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- red food coloring
- FROSTING AND FILLING
- 1 1/2 recipes for my Basic Creamy Buttercream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #7
- red, green and white sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 3 - 8 inche cake pans with bakers sprspray
- Whisk together in a bowl flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, add flour and milk and give a stir to moisten, then beat in eggs and vanilla, add flour mixture and stir to blend
- Remove 1/3 of the batter to a seperate bowl, this will be your white layer. To the remaining batter, add enough drops of red food color to get a vivid red. Pour red batter into 2 of the prepared pans and the white batter in the remaining third pan
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes just until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on racks in pans 10 minutes , then remove and cool completely before frosting
- MAKE FROSTING AND FILLING
- Make 1 1/2 recipes of my Basic Creamy Buttercream frosting in order to have enough to fill and frost the entire cake. Recipe attached below. Use 1 1/2 cup butter and 6 cups confectioner's sugar, adding more cream as needed, see tip in recipe for perfect light creamy frosting https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting
- ASSEMBLE CAKE
- Place one cooled red layer of cake bottom side up on serving plate
- Frost with some of the vanilla buttercream frosting
- Add the white layer, bottom side up
- Frost with some frostung
- Top with the second red layer of cake, bottom up
- Frost entire cake with tthe frosting
- Garnish cake with sprinkles. Chill cake for 2 hours for easy slicing
That's red christmas cake, Special thanks to fenway for making this delicious recipe.