[Herbal Medicinal Recipe] Sweet Dried White Wood Ear Mushrooms and Snow Pears in Sugar Water For Even-toned Skin
It's easy to learn how to make sweet mulled wine recipe. sweet mulled wine recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make sweet mulled wine recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the sweet mulled wine recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 100 ml Green peas (dried)
- 5 grams White wood ear mushrooms (dried)
- 2 tbsp Hatomugi (Job's tears)
- 8 pieces Lotus seeds (dried)
- 6 berries Jujube fruit (dried)
- 1 Goji berries (dried)
- 500 ml Water
- 30 grams Rock sugar
- 4 wedges worth Asian pear (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tsp Juice from a grated ginger
- Soak the peas in hot water for 3 hours to rehydrate. Stew in just enough water to cover the peas until soft.
- Wash the white wood ear mushrooms well, and soak in water for about 30 minutes to re-hydrate them. Drain the water, and remove the stems.
- Put the white wood ear mushrooms and water in a pot, bring to a boil and cover with a lid, and stew for about 45 minutes (until it turns a yellowish color and thickens).
- Wash the hatomugi, lotus seeds, and goji berries, drain the water and combine with Step 3, and stew for about 15 minutes. Add more water before stewing, if necessary.
- Add the pear, and stew for an additional 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the crystal rock sugar and ginger juice, turn off the heat, stir until the crystal rock sugar dissolves in the residual heat, and it is done.
- Serve piping hot without letting it get cold, since this is a yakuzen sweet, and that is the traditional and authentic way to eat it.
- Since pears are hard to get a hold of in spring and summer, you can substitute it with papaya to make [Dried White Wood Ear Mushrooms "Japanese Quince" Sugar Water]. It has a tropical Macau flavor, and is pretty tasty.
That's sweet mulled wine recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.