Nadia's Meat Mansaf
It's easy to learn how to make veg nut roast. veg nut roast is one of my favorite menu.
How to make veg nut roast easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the veg nut roast! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 300 g jmid (dried yogurt), soaked in water overnight to soften
- 2 kg lamb with bones, cut into egg size pieces
- 2 kg rice
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 3 markouk bread, or shrak
- 1 large onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ground cardamom, pods
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon, sticks
- 1 teaspoon black pepper grain
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- For the takleya:
- 1 large onions, cut into slices
- vegetable oil
- Cook the rice as instructed on package.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add in pine nuts and almonds and cook over medium heat until nuts are roasted. Remove nuts from heat and set aside.
- To prepare the takleya, heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion until it is soft. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Place the jmid along with its water in a mixer and blend until smooth.
- Strain the jmid and pour it in a saucepan. Mix in the plain yogurt and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until the yogurt mixture starts boiling. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Place the meat in another pan, add in onion, cardamom pods, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, and black pepper and cover with water.
- Cook until the meat is done. While cooking remove the foam that appears on the surface of water.
- When the meat is cooked, turn off the heat and transfer the meat pieces into the yogurt mixture. Pour over them half of the meat broth and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the takleya and stir well. Turn off the heat.
- To serve, place the markouk bread on a serving dish and pour over the remaining meat broth. Spread the rice evenly over the markouk bread. Then remove the meat pieces with a slotted spoon and put them on top of the rice. Then garnish with the roasted almonds and pines. Pour the cooked yogurt left in a deep serving bowl on the side.
- When serving on individual plates, pour the yogurt over rice and meat.
That's veg nut roast, Special thanks to Iman Saleh for making this delicious recipe.