Root Vegetable Stew with Red Wine (Vegan)
It's easy to learn how to make vegetable stew recipe. vegetable stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make vegetable stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the vegetable stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Leek or onion
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp grated ginger (optional)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 4 medium potatoes (or taro roots are good too!)
- 3 carrots
- 1 handful rutabaga (or sunchokes/Jerusalem artichokes)
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes and/or potatoes
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Red wine
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Water
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oil for sautéing, or more if needed
- to taste Parsley, chives, etc to garnish
- Prepare your carrots, potatoes and other veggies: Cut carrots into thumb-sized chunks. Peel potatoes/taro root and halve (or quarter if large). Cut any other veggies you might be using to the around the same size.
- Finely chop onion/leek, mince ginger if using, peel and crush garlic. Heat oil in a heavy pot and saute onion, ginger, garlic, bay leaves and thyme until onion starts to brown (10-12 minutes).
- Add in other vegetables to pot along with 1.5 tsp salt, pepper, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Cook for 5 minutes on medium.
- Turn heat to high and add 1 cup of red wine. Scrape up any onion bits from the bottom of pot. Cook until wine is reduced to half.
- Turn heat to medium and add flour and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Uncover, add 1 cup of water and stir. Cook until liquid is reduced to half again.
- Turn to low so vegetables are just simmering. Cover with lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes. You should end up with a nice thick broth by the end! Add salt & pepper if needed, sprinkle on some chives or parsley and serve!
That's vegetable stew recipe, Special thanks to Felice for making this delicious recipe.