Three Way Minced Beef with mirepoix.
It's easy to learn how to make beef mince pie. beef mince pie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make beef mince pie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the beef mince pie! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 750 grams minced beef
- 3 large carrots finely diced
- 3 medium onions finely diced
- 2 stick celery finely diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder half teaspoon
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper half teaspoon
- Chop onions to a fine dice. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop carrots to fine dice add to onions.
- Cut celery into strips and fine dice, add to onion and carrots
- Mix together
- Heat a large frying pan or pot on medium heat and add veg (mirepoix)
- Add pepper and cook until onion is translucent and veg is soft, (Do Not Brown)
- When the veg is done return to bowl and in the same pan dry fry mince.
- While mince is cooking add garlic and Worcestershire sauce
- Cook mince until all liquid has steamed off, then tilt pan and remove fat
- Fat can be used by mixing with seed and put outside for birds.(no waste) or soaked up using kitchen paper and discarded
- Add veg back to pan with mince and mix well
- Divide mix into 3 foils and mark and date.
- JOB DONE. FREEZE. you now have the base of 3 meals and each will serve 4. I will upload some of these in the coming weeks.
That's beef mince pie, Special thanks to Thesingingchef for making this delicious recipe.