Cheese Biscuits *courtesy of Paula Deen*
It's easy to learn how to make cheese biscuits recipe. cheese biscuits recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make cheese biscuits recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the cheese biscuits recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 stick (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 *Optional* Chopped parsley and garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add flour,baking powder,pinch of salt & sugar, mix well. Then you're going to cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles fine bread crumbs. **At this point if you want to add in parsley and garlic, this is the time to add them, again this step is optional**
- Add in cheese and stir in your buttermilk just until mixed. DON'T OVERMIX!!
- **I baked mine in muffin pans**, but, the recipe says to use an ice-cream scoop and drop the biscuit dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush melted butter over the biscuits. And serve.
That's cheese biscuits recipe, Special thanks to thebaker002 for making this delicious recipe.