Scallion Pancake (Korean Pancakes "Chijimi")
It's easy to learn how to make korean pancake recipe. korean pancake recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make korean pancake recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the korean pancake recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 bunch Scallions, Chinese chives, or green onions (any vegetables you like)
- 150 g Flour
- 50 g Potato Starch (or use flour if you don't have)
- 1 Egg
- 200-250 ml Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Soup stock cube
- ▲2 tsp Soy sauce
- ▲1 tsp Sugar
- ▲2 tsp Sesame oil
- ▲1 tsp vinegar
- ▲1 tsp sesame seeds
- Cut scallions, Chinese chives, or green onions into 2-3 cm pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add 150g flour, 50g starch (if you don't have it, you can use Flour), 1 egg, 1/2 tsp salt and water. Whisk until well mixed.
- Stir scallions, Chinese chives, green onions into batter. Mix batter well.
- Heat oil for medium frying pan. Pour in half the batter and fry until bottom starts to brown.
- Flip to other side and cook covered for four minute.
- Remove pancake and cook the rest of the batter.
- Make your dipping sauce by mixing ingredients marked with ▲ .
- Cut into easy to serve slices and serve with dipping sauce.
That's korean pancake recipe, Special thanks to Natsuko for making this delicious recipe.