Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew
It's easy to learn how to make okra stew recipe. okra stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make okra stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the okra stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 500 g fresh okra, ends trimmed
- 500 g lamb, or beef diced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cubed
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 beef broth cubes, diluted in 2 cups of water
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large saucepan, fry the okra with ½ cup vegetable oil until it becomes tender. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry the onions, in a deep pan, with ½ cup of vegetable oil until they become soft. Then add in the garlic, meat and coriander. Season with salt, pepper and mint. Stir until the meat begins to brown.
- Add in the tomato paste, cubed tomatoes, and 1/2 cup of meat broth. Mix well and let it simmer over low heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the meat mixture to an oiled circular casserole. Then distribute the okra evenly on top of it.
- Pour the remaining meat broth and lemon juice over the stew. Cover the casserole with either a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Check from time to time and add in water if the mixture is dry.
- Serve hot with white rice on the side.
That's okra stew recipe, Special thanks to Riyah el Neel for making this delicious recipe.