Rum Raisin Pound Cake
It's easy to learn how to make pound cake recipe. pound cake recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pound cake recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pound cake recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 Egg (Medium)
- 140 grams Granulated sugar
- 135 grams Cake flour
- 130 grams Unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp Rum
- 70 grams Rum raisin
- 60 grams [a] Water
- 20 grams Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Rum
- Combine and heat the [a] ingredients in a pan. Turn the heat off when the granulated sugar dissolves. Let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Chop up the rum raisin roughly, and sift the flour 3 times. Melt the butter.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, and add granulated sugar. Heat the bottom of the bowl over a hot water bath, and whip the mixture.
- When it's about body temperature, take the bowl off from the hot water bath. Whip some more until it's thick enough that you can write letters on the surface.
- Fold in the flour lightly to avoid any lumps. Don't mix too much! Add the rum.
- Mix in the melted hot butter. Also add the rum raisin.
- Pour the dough into the pound cake tin, filling up to about 70-80%. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When the surface is browned after 15 minutes, make some cuts with a knife. When they look like they're going to burn, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- When done, test with a skewer and make sure it comes out clean. Let them cool down slightly. Brush on some syrup until the surface becomes moist.
That's pound cake recipe, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.