Chicken hearts and gravy
It's easy to learn how to make recipies. recipies is one of my favorite menu.
How to make recipies easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the recipies! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 packages Chicken hearts
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper(more or less to your taste)
- 1/2 onion(fine chop)
- 3 clove garlic(minced)
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp Celery seed
- 2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cool water
- 1/3 cup Flour(browned)
- Start by browning your flour in a dry non-stick saucepan over medium heat, Toss flour in the pan, or stir with rubber spatula, until flour begins to brown slightly and has a nutty aromatic aroma. remove from pan and reserve.(clean and dry pan)
- Wash, Pat hearts dry with paper towel.
- Bring your pan up to temperature, add oil and chicken hearts. Couple minutes on one side maybe a minute on the other just to give outside golden brown color.
- Once your heart are sauteed & golden brown on all sides add finely chopped onions sauteed again for a couple of minutes until onions become translucent add garlic saute for 30 seconds, add celery seed and sage and saute for another 30 seconds or long enough to wake up the flavors and the herbs become aromatic
- Add 2 cups chicken stock
- Bring to a low rolling boil, reduce heat to low& give it a stir, cover and simmer on low heat for 45 min. to 1hr
- Once you've simmered it for 45 minutes to half an hour, add half a cup of water to your brown flower and mix thoroughly developing a slurry if mixture looks too thick add a bit more water you should be able to pour it.(not too thin though)
- Start pouring slurry a little at a time, stirring constantly and pouring slowly you may not need the entire amount of slurry continue pouring and stirring until gravy begins to thicken.
- Let it cook for aboat two min.
- Serve over rice, potatoes or your favorite pasta (I like using broad egg noodles), gizzards also work well in this recipe.
That's recipies, Special thanks to beardless for making this delicious recipe.