Cajun Stuffed Catfish on Creole Wild Rice
It's easy to learn how to make wild rice stuffing. wild rice stuffing is one of my favorite menu.
How to make wild rice stuffing easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the wild rice stuffing! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 4 Catfish fillets
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb crabmeat
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 sleeve saltine crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 wild rice mix
- 2 cup wild rice
- 1 can black eye peas
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Dice onion, pepper & garlic very small & cook in saute pan with a little olive oil & pinch of salt until soft. Remove from pan & put in bowl.
- In a touch of oil & butter cook cleaned chopped shrimp until they turn color & then add the crabmeat & cook for 1 minute. Remove & put in the bowl with veggies & let sit until cooled.
- Melt a stick of butter & let cool.
- Roughly crush the saltine crackers & add to the bowl with the old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper & gently fold into the mixture & add the melted butter & gently mix. The stuffing is done.
- Season both sides of the catfish with salt & pepper & stuff a healthy amount of the stuffing into the inside part of the fillet & wrap the fish around it overlapping slightly on the bottom.
- Crush a few saltine crackers finely and add cajun seasoning & small pinch of cayenne pepper & mix & sprinkle on the top of the rolled fillets.
- Heavily grease a pan with butter & add stuffed catfish with folded side down & cook in 350° oven until done (approximately 20 minutes) & put under broiler for a minute to brown slightly if needed.
- Rinse rice 3 times & add into a pot with all the ingredients expect the beans with the amount of water on rice cooking directions. Bring to a boil & stir & reduce flame to low.
- When half way cooked add the black eyed peas & stir & let finish cooking.
- Plate bed of rice & serve with a stuffed catfish on top.
That's wild rice stuffing, Special thanks to WeekendWarriors for making this delicious recipe.