Cute Party Hors d'Oeuvres With Petit Choux Pastry Puffs
It's easy to learn how to make choux pastry. choux pastry is one of my favorite menu.
How to make choux pastry easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the choux pastry! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- As reference ♡ (4 types of fillings)
- 3 ✩Egg (Medium)
- 6 ✩Shrimp
- 3 tbsp ✩Mayonnaise
- 1 ✩Salt and pepper
- 4 slice ★Smoked salmon
- 6 to 8 tablespoons ★Cream cheese
- 1 ★Black pepper
- 4 slice ○Cured ham
- 3 ○Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 ○Cucumber
- 1 tbsp ○Olive oil
- 1 ○Herb salt
- 1/2 ●Avocado
- 4 stick ●Imitation crab sticks
- 2 tbsp ●Mayonnaise
- 1 ●Salt and pepper
- For the choux pastry (or use your favorite recipe):
- 75 ml Water
- 35 grams Baking margarine
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 50 grams Cake flour (sifted)
- 2 Eggs (medium)
- Sift the cake flour. Preheat the oven to 200°C (392 F).
- Put the water, margarine and salt in a pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let the liquid emulsify.
- Turn the heat off, and add all the sifted cake flour at once while mixing rapidly with a wooden spatula. Knead the dough well with the spatula.
- Heat the pan again while kneading the dough with the spatula. When the pastry comes together in one mass, and the pan is coated with a thin film, turn the heat off. *Don't stop mixing while the pastry is cooking!
- Beat the eggs well, and add 1/4 of it to the pan. Mix rapidly. Add the rest of the beaten egg in 3 batches. Add the last batch a little at a time.
- When some of the pastry dripped from the spatula forms a thick triangle shape as shown here, stop adding any more egg.
- I had about this much beaten egg left over this time. This will be used later so keep it in reserve.
- Fit a 1 cm round tip on a piping bag, and put the pastry in the bag.
- Pipe out 2 cm diameter dollops of the pastry 2 cm apart on a lined baking tray. Brush with the leftover beaten egg.
- Bake in a 200°C (392 F) oven for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 160°C (320 F) and bake for another 10 minutes. Leave the puffs in the oven for 5 minutes after they are baked.
- Take them out of the oven, and leave them on the baking tray to cool. They will have puffed up to about 4 cm. When they are cool, cut them about 1/3 of the way from the top.
- The ☆ filling: Boil the egg and shrimp. Chop the egg finely and cut the shrimp into 1cm pieces. Mix together with mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
- The ★ filling: Cut the smoked salmon slices in half. Top each piece with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Fold the smoked salmon over and sprinkle with black pepper.
- The ○ filling: Cut the cured ham into 2-3cm pieces. Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Cut the cucumber into 5mm dice. Mix them all with olive oil and herb salt.
- The ● filling: Cut the crabsticks into 1cm pieces. Cut the avocado into 1cm dice. Combine with mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
- Potato salad should work as a nice filling too. Try a delicious paté as a filling too, and have fun!
That's choux pastry, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.