Lasagne Verdi with Ricotta-Parmesan sauce
It's easy to learn how to make classic bolognese lasagna recipe. classic bolognese lasagna recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make classic bolognese lasagna recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the classic bolognese lasagna recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Pinch cumin seeds
- 1 white onion , chopped
- 1 celery stalks , finely chopped
- 1 carrot , finely chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon , ground
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 Cups white mushrooms fresh , sliced
- 500 Grams beef minced lean
- 2/3 Cup red wine
- 1 Pinch rosemary , dried
- 1 Teaspoon oregano , dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon basil , dried
- 1 tin tomatoes canned whole
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 Grams ricotta fresh
- 200 Millilitres cream single
- 1/4 Cup parmesan , grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 Teaspoon oregano , dried
- 1 Pinch nutmeg , grated
- 12 lasagne verdi sheets
- 1 Cup mozzarella , grated
- 1/2 Cup parmesan , grated
- In a deep, non stick dish, heat the olive oil. when hot, add the cumin seeds and chopped garlic.
- Add the chopped white onion and stir well.
- When the onions turn translucent, add the ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Next, add the celery and carrots, stir well. when the carrots are slightly softened, add the mushrooms and stir.
- When the mushrooms release a,lot of their liquid, add the crumbled chicken bouillon cubes and mix everything well.
- Add the minced beef and break it up with your spoon. mix thoroughly.
- Add the freshly cracked black pepper and rosemary and stir well to combine. let the beef get browned all through.
- When the beef is almost cooked, deglaze the pan by adding the red wine.
- Cook off the liquid over a medium heat, and when the liquids are reduced by half, add the tinned whole tomatoes. break them up with your spoon (if you dont like your sauce chunky, you could puree the tomatoes in a food processor before adding them to your pan).
- Add the tomato paste and stir. let it come to a boil.
- Next, add the oregano, basil and check for seasoning. add more salt and pepper at this stage if required. the bolognese sauce is done.
- In a small bowl, crack open the eggs. add some salt, pepper, oregano and nutmeg and beat it lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the parmesan and ricotta. add the cream to this and mix well to break up any lumps (make it as smooth as possible).
- Add the eggs to this mixture and stir well to combine.
- To assemble the lasagne, place a layer of bolognese sauce in the base of a heat proof rectangular dish (i normally use pyrex).
- Place a layer of lasagne sheets over this (its best to use fresh sheets, but i normally use 'barilla' pasta, and they dont need to be blanched before layering).
- Place a layer of the ricotta over this, followed by lasagne sheets. repeat layering this way, with alternating layers of sauces till all the sheets are used up. you should end with a layer of the bolognese, so ration ur ricotta mixture between layers accordingly.
- Top the dish with grated mozzarella and parmesan. place in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees C for about 25 to 30 minutes, till the cheese is melted and golden and the sauce is bubbling between the layers.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice into individual portions, and serve with a side salad.
That's classic bolognese lasagna recipe, Special thanks to Nirmala Prem for making this delicious recipe.