Easy Apple Pie with Frozen Puff Pastry
It's easy to learn how to make pastry recipe for apple pie. pastry recipe for apple pie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pastry recipe for apple pie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pastry recipe for apple pie! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- For the filling:
- 1 Apple
- 2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 30 ml Red wine
- 1 dash Lemon juice
- 1 Raisins
- Puff pastry:
- 2 sheets Frozen puff pastries (12 x 20 cm)
- 1/2 Egg yolk
- 1 dash Water
- Peel the apple, remove the core, and then slice thinly.
- Defrost 2 sheets of frozen puff pastries. ※I used 12 x 20 cm size. It takes 10 to 15 minutes to defrost.
- Put the filling ingredients (apple, granulated sugar, cinnamon, red wine, lemon juice, and raisins) in a heatproof dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 15 minutes. When finished microwaving, let the mixture cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Place one of the puff pastries on a baking sheet, and pierce with a fork.
- Drain the excess liquid from the filling, and spread out on the middle of the puff pastry.
- Leaving the edges intact, make cuts at even intervals.
- Place the puff pastry with the cuts over Step 6, and press down the edges with a fork. Brush the surface with the beaten egg mixture (egg yolk + water).
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200℃ for 15-20 minutes. When the top layer starts to rise and brown, reduce the oven temperature to 160℃, and continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
- It's done!
- Enjoy while it's freshly baked.
That's pastry recipe for apple pie, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.