Millionaire Bars (Caramel Shortbread Bars)
It's easy to learn how to make salted caramel shortbread recipe. salted caramel shortbread recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make salted caramel shortbread recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the salted caramel shortbread recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- For the shortbread crust
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Caramel Layer
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For Chocolate Layer
- 4 ounces good quality milk chocolate, I used Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces good quality semi sweet bar chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits, I used Heath enlist toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 8 by 8 baking dish with foil with sides extending over the edge for easy removal of bars. Spray foil woth non stick spray
- Make Shortbread Crust
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Add flour and salt and beat just until the dough forms clumps
- Press onto prepared pan evenly and bake about 25 to 30 minutes until light golden
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Make Caramel Layer
- Pour sweetened condensed milk in to a heatproof bowl and stir in salt and vanilla
- Place bowl over simmering water, cover with foil and cook until a golden caramel forms about 60 to 90 minutes. Stir occasionally and check to be sure the water level is ok.
- Remove from heat and beat until smooth with a whisk.
- Spread caramel over cooled shortbread crust. Let caramel firm up about 60 minutes before adding chocolate layer
- Make Chocolate Layer
- Combine both chopped chocolates and butter in a microwave safe bowl, microwave carefully until just melted then stir smooth
- Let sit about 5 minutes to cool a bit then pour over caramel layer
- While chocolate is still warm evenly top with Toffee bits
- Let chocolate set before cutting g into bars. Refrigerate for easy cutting. To cut remove entire shortbread from pan in one piece, then cut. Store in refrigerator or freeze individual bars for layer
That's salted caramel shortbread recipe, Special thanks to fenway for making this delicious recipe.