It's easy to learn how to make basic ground beef lasagna recipe. basic ground beef lasagna recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make basic ground beef lasagna recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the basic ground beef lasagna recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Tomato Sauce:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (24 oz.) unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Ricotta Layer:
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper, dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Lasagna Layers:
- 15 Lasagna noodles
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella block, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Start the sauce first, so it can simmer while you do everything else. Get the oil heating in a large pot over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and sausage and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess grease, then stir in the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened up a bit, about 3-5 minutes. Then pour in the canned tomatoes, seasonings and sugar. Lower the heat to med-low and let this simmer until your ready to assemble the lasagna.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13" baking pan and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, eggs, parmesan and seasonings. Set this aside. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain them and let them cool enough to handle.
- Once ready to assemble, spread 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of the pan. Lay out 5 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, then half the sliced mozzarella. Spread 1/4 of the sauce over that, then repeat with another layer.
- For the last layer, lay out the last 5 lasagna noodles, spread the remaining sauce over the top, then sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan evenly over the top. Pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the top has a nice golden color and it is heated throughout. Once you remove it from the oven, let it sit for 5 or so minutes before slicing it into squares and serving.
That's basic ground beef lasagna recipe, Special thanks to Christina for making this delicious recipe.