My Legendary Carrot Cake
It's easy to learn how to make carrot cake recipe. carrot cake recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make carrot cake recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the carrot cake recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 1/2 cups SR Flour (*or Plain Flour 1 1/2 cups & BP 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt *necessary!
- 2-3 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 3 cups Grated Carrots *tightly packed
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple *drained well and tightly packed
- 1/2 cup Sultana Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts *coarsely chopped
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil *Note: Butter doesn’t work for this cake!
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a cake tin with baking paper. Grate plenty of carrots. If you can get Crushed Pineapple, just finely chop up pineapple.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. *Note: If cup cakes, bake for 25 to 30 minutes. DO NOT overcook. DO NOT leave the cake in the oven to cool.
- Let it cool completely. This cake tastes better when cold.
- If you want frosting or icing, traditionally Cream Cheese Frosting is nice for this cake. You can make Cream Cheese Frosting by mixing following ingredients. The cake tastes great without the frosting!
- Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients: Softened Butter 50g, Softened Cream Cheese 125g, Icing Sugar 1 cup, Lemon Juice 2 teaspoons
That's carrot cake recipe, Special thanks to Hiroko Liston for making this delicious recipe.