Old Fashioned Molasses Pie
It's easy to learn how to make molasses cookies. molasses cookies is one of my favorite menu.
How to make molasses cookies easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the molasses cookies! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 prepared 9" pie crust
- 3/4 cup flour, heaping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter (butter substitute for vegans)
- 1/4 cup molasses (unsulphured)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter/butter substitute until mixture is fine crumbed.
- Pour molasses in a separate mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add ¼ cup boiling water and baking soda to molasses. Stir until mixture is foamy/frothy and rises.
- Pour molasses mixture into pie crust/tin. Sprinkle the flour mixture over molasses, stirring it in until just combined. Even out top of pie.
- Just to prevent a mess - place pie tin on a cookie sheet - this pie can bake/spill over. Bake for about 25 minutes. Pie will rise and then start to settle.
- Cool on wire rack. We enjoy this perfectly plain, but some walnuts or pecans would compliment this nicely. Enjoy :)
That's molasses cookies, Special thanks to craftycookingmama for making this delicious recipe.