Crock Pot Honey Mustard Pulled BBQ Chicken
It's easy to learn how to make mulled cider crock pot. mulled cider crock pot is one of my favorite menu.
How to make mulled cider crock pot easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the mulled cider crock pot! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 3 lb bone in chicken breast
- 1 seasoning salt to taste (i use lawrys)
- 1 medium yellow onion (medium dice)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (medium dice)
- 2 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup honey mustard bbq sauce (i use sweet baby rays)
- 1/3 cup bottled italian salad dressing (i use kraft zesty)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp red hot sauce ( i use franks)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 favorite hamburger buns (toasted)
- Season chicken breasts liberally with the seasoning salt. Place skin down in crock pot.
- Mix the remaining 10 ingredients together until well combined. Pour mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken on high for approximately 2.5 -3 hours or until temperature reaches 165°F internally. When done remove chicken and allow to cool some.
- When cool enough to touch, shred chicken into bite size pieces. I simply use my hands to do this. Add shredded chicken back in the crock pot and cook on low heat for one hour. If you want a thicker sauce, a cornstarch slurry will thicken it more.
- We usually serve this burger style, but over rice is also good. You can use any cut of chicken you like. Chicken thighs are a great choice for this recipe and can stand up to longer cooking times. Boneless skinless chicken breast are not a very good choice for this recipe. They cook really fast. If they are over cooked, the best you can do is just cut them into bite size pieces. So be sure to adjust your cooking time to much less. Enjoy.
That's mulled cider crock pot, Special thanks to Lee's for making this delicious recipe.