Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze
It's easy to learn how to make pork gammon. pork gammon is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pork gammon easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pork gammon! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- Honey glaze
- 100 grams Honey
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp ＊ Ginger
- 1 tbsp ＊ Coriander (powdered)
- 1 tsp ＊ Grand fennel (powdered)
- 3 clove ＊ Garlic
- 1 large ＊ Bay leaf
- 1 ＊ Cinnamon stick
- 1 ＊ Red chili pepper
- 1 tsp ＊ Star anise (powdered)
- 1 large leaf ＊ Bay leaf
- 2 tsp ＊ Orange zest
- 100 ml ● Brandy
- 2 tbsp ● Soy sauce and meat juices as needed
- Roast ham
- 1 1/5 kg ♢ Pork
- 1 ♢ Salt and pepper (a generous sprinkling)
- 100 ml each ♢ White wine, water
- (I used pork that was tied up with string. If you use one that isn't tied, tie it yourself using string so that it keeps a nice shape.) Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Season with lots of salt and pepper. Place the ♢ ingredients into a heat-resistant container or pot.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in an oven preheated to 325°F (160°C). Bake for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- This what it will look like midway through. You don't need to ladle the juices over the meat.
- (20 minutes before it's done baking) Measure out the honey and add 100 g to a pot. I recommend using a deep pot for this. Turn the heat to medium. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix.
- Measure out the ＊ ingredients.
- After 7-8 minutes the glaze will be a caramel color...
- Add the prepared ingredients from Step 6.
- Add the ● ingredients and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add the roasted ham and the strained meat juices and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the ham and let it simmer. Repeat these two steps, watching carefully. This should take about 20 minutes (adjust the heat so that it doesn't boil over).
- Once the entire ham is glazed, it's done. Cut the string with scissors and serve.
That's pork gammon, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.