Roast Chicken with stuffing and very fat pigs in blankets
It's easy to learn how to make roasted vegetables with sage and onion stuffing. roasted vegetables with sage and onion stuffing is one of my favorite menu.
How to make roasted vegetables with sage and onion stuffing easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the roasted vegetables with sage and onion stuffing! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 chicken (oven ready) size doesn't matter
- salt, pepper and paprika
- 1/3 onion in its whole state but without peel
- 1 tbsp oil
- pigs in blankets:
- 2 thick link sausages per person (these can be any type of links, i use pork and black pepper from my local farm but this works with any sausage as long as it's a thick one)
- 1 bacon (smoked, unsmoked, thick, thin, back, middle or streaky) cut into ¾ inch strips
- 2 slices bread (white, brown, seeded, etc)
- 2/3 onion
- 2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black or white pepper
- 2 oz butter
- 2 tbsp Apple sauce (optional)
- For the chicken: give it a quick rinse inside and out then pat dry with some kitchen paper
- Take the onion and shove it up into the cavity as far as it will go
- Sprinkle the bird with the seasoning all over, then drizzle on the oil and rub it well into the skin
- Make the stuffing: put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until all combined or rub the bread into breadcrumbs and finely chop the onion before mixing in the seasoning and butter
- Push the stuffing into the cavity of the chicken
- Put the chicken, breast down, into a roasting tin and place in the middle of a hot oven 200ºC gas mark 6 initially for 30 minutes
- Take each thick sausage and twist in the middle. Then, using a kitchen scissors, snip into two equal halves.
- Wrap each sausage half in a strip of bacon and either secure with a cocktail stick or place in dish with the bacon join on the underside
- After 30 minutes turn the oven to 180ºC and turn the chicken onto its back with breast uppermost and cook the chicken for 15 minutes per pound (so for my 4lb bird that's another hour)
- Put the pan of sausages in for the last 45 minutes - near the top of the oven
- You should now have a lovely moist, perfectly cooked chicken with flavorful stuffing and fat sticky pigs in blankets
That's roasted vegetables with sage and onion stuffing, Special thanks to Arty Greig for making this delicious recipe.