‘Rugelach’ Cream Cheese Pastry
It's easy to learn how to make rugelach pastry recipe. rugelach pastry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make rugelach pastry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the rugelach pastry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 60 g Cream Cheese *softened
- 60 g Butter *softened
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- Powdered Sugar for dusting *optional
- 1/4 cup Apricot Jam
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, Almonds or Pecans *finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sultanas *coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Combine softened Butter and softened Cream Cheese in a bowl, add Egg Yolk and Vanilla, and mix well.
- Add Plain Flour and mix as you cut the butter mixture into flour. Use your hands to bring the mixture together into dough. *Note: If the mixture is too soft, add 1-2 tablespoons extra flour.
- Make filling by mixing all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a lightly floured flat surface, use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a large 3mm thick disc larger than 30cm in diameter.
- Cut the disc into 16 wedges, spread the filling mixture and roll up each wedge from the outside edge.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Dust with Powdered Sugar.
That's rugelach pastry recipe, Special thanks to Hiroko Liston for making this delicious recipe.