Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry
It's easy to learn how to make thai red coconut curry recipe. thai red coconut curry recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make thai red coconut curry recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the thai red coconut curry recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2.5 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (or you can use 2 pounds boneless chicken thigh and/or breast pieces cut into big chunks)
- 1/2 a yellow onion cut into 1/2" slices
- 4 slices (about 1/8" thick) of fresh ginger root OR 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed OR 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves OR the zest of half a lime or lemon
- 15 basil leaves (Thai is preferable, but if you have some other kind, that's ok, too)
- juice of half a lime
- 1 (15 oz.) (or so) can of coconut milk
- Thai chilies to taste (you can sub crushed red chili flakes - start with 1/2 tsp. for moderate heat and adjust as you like)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 2-3 cups chopped veg to add later
- Dump all ingredients except for veg into a large pot or Dutch oven, and give it a few gentle stirs to incorporate.
- With the pot covered, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. This should take 10 to 12 minutes or so.
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer the curry for 30 minutes, still covered.
- Stir in your veg, turn the heat back up to medium, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so, 10 minutes with the lid askew, and another 10 minutes completely uncovered. After the first 10 minutes is a good time to adjust the seasoning for salt and heat.
- That's it! Enjoy. :)
That's thai red coconut curry recipe, Special thanks to Shinae for making this delicious recipe.