Holiday Cranberry Sauce
It's easy to learn how to make whole cranberry sauce recipe. whole cranberry sauce recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make whole cranberry sauce recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the whole cranberry sauce recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 package (12 oz.) whole cranberries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup cran-apple juice
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 orange, zest, then peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 Tsp. nutmeg (grated or powder)
- 1/4 Tsp. clove (powder)
- 1/4 Tsp. cinnamon (powder)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- Wash the cranberries and discard any softened ones. Place them in a medium size pot. Add the sugar, juice, and apple pieces.
- Begin to zest the outer skin of the orange over the pot. Finger swipe the remains from the zester into the pot. With a potato peeler, peel 5-6 strips or threads from the skin for later use as a garnish.
- Next cut the orange in quarter slices. Cut away the orange fruit from the skin. Remove the white thread pieces from the fruit and discard. Cut the fruit pieces up in 1” chunks and set aside.
- Add to the pot, the raisins, fresh ginger, and all the spices. Begin to heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nuts and orange pieces when cranberries have popped and are softened, and simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Stir this lightly. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the cranberry sauce in a serving bowl, top with the orange peel threads, and place in the refrigerator to cool completely before serving.
That's whole cranberry sauce recipe, Special thanks to rikminptc for making this delicious recipe.