Italian Butter Cookies
It's easy to learn how to make butter cookies. butter cookies is one of my favorite menu.
How to make butter cookies easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the butter cookies! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time) until blended.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, cornstarch and powdered sugar, mix until blended.
- Using a piping bag with star tip, make quarter size circles on cookie sheet. Make a couple first, if they spread out to much just add 1/4 cup more of flour and cornstarch. I did this because the first few spread out to much. This tip was in the recipe. I guess it's an altitude issue.
- Bake at 375 for 12 to. 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove to rack to cool.
- Melt chocolate and dip cookies into chocolate and put on rack to set. You can use sprinkles also, they look pretty.
That's butter cookies, Special thanks to kathydriver85 for making this delicious recipe.