FRENCH COUNTRY BEEF STEW
It's easy to learn how to make french beef stew. french beef stew is one of my favorite menu.
How to make french beef stew easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the french beef stew! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 lb beef or lamb
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 large bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 medium carrots sliced
- 28 oz can whole tomatoes squished in hand keep the juices to add also
- 1 lb mushrooms I used king oyster mushrooms thats what I hade but use your favorite
- 2 medium onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 peeling of medium orange
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup brandy, beef, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, salt, thyme, pepper, bay leaves. Coat meat completely
- Cover bowl; refrigerate 2 hours, stirring occasionally. After 2 hours, drain meat, reserving marinade.
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add meat, a few pieces at a time. Brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and juices, onions, orange peel, reserved marinade. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer (covered) for 1 hour.
- If you cannot use alcohol make a simple syrup and heat it and then steep some chopped raisins or dates in it for an hour or two, and then use some liquid from that instead of the brandy. That way you're adding some flavor, but without the alcohol. Much like the other suggestions, it won't be exactly the same as adding brandy or other liquor, though.
That's french beef stew, Special thanks to skunkmonkey101 for making this delicious recipe.