Lamb Shanks Stew
It's easy to learn how to make lamb stew recipe. lamb stew recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make lamb stew recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the lamb stew recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 3/4 kg lamb shanks, around 8 pieces
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 Almaza Malt, 33 cl bottles
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat 6 tablespoons vegetable oil in heavy large pan over high heat.
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper. Coat lamb with flour; shake off excess. Reserve excess flour.
- Add lamb to the pan in batches and brown well. Using tongs, transfer lamb to bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Add 5 cups chopped onions to the pan and sauté until transluscent, scraping up any browned bits, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste with reserved flour and stir 1 minute.
- Return lamb shanks and any accumulated juices to the pan . Add beef stock and Beer . Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until meat is almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Add carrots, potato and rutabagas to the pan and simmer covered until meat and vegetables are tender and stew thickens slightly, about 40 minutes. Spoon fat from surface of stew.
That's lamb stew recipe, Special thanks to chef Ihab for making this delicious recipe.