Vickys Cottage Pie with a Twist GF DF EF SF NF
It's easy to learn how to make pork mince pie. pork mince pie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make pork mince pie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the pork mince pie! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1000 grams turkey, chicken or pork mince
- 6 large sweet potatoes, cut into even pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 500 ml chicken stock for turkey mince, ham stock for pork mince
- 60 grams garden peas
- 2 large diced carrot
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch
- salt & pepper to season the potato
- In a saucepan, brown the mince in the oil then drain
- To the mince add the onions and fry until almost done, then add the stock, peas, carrots and oregano. Cover and let simmer on a low heat. The longer you leave it the more tender the mince will be. I leave mine a good few hours before starting the potatoes
- In another pan, boil the sweet potatoes in enough water to cover them for around 15 minutes
- When the sweet potatoes are soft, drain them, mash and season with salt and pepper to taste
- When the carrots have cooked through, stir in the tomato puree and flour to thicken the gravy
- Now there are two options. You can layer the mince on the bottom of a casserole dish, top with the mash, and bake for 15 minutes at gas mark 6 / 200C / 400°F to crisp the top of the potatoes, or you can just serve with the potatoes spooned on top or on the side. My kids like theirs baked in individual ramekins, they think it's special that way!
That's pork mince pie, Special thanks to Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook for making this delicious recipe.