Chicken Potato Curry
It's easy to learn how to make potato curry. potato curry is one of my favorite menu.
How to make potato curry easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the potato curry! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 500 grams Chicken pieces (skinless)
- 4 each Onion
- 10 clove Garlic
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 piece Tomatoes
- 2 Green chilli
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 4 each Cardamom
- 4 each Clove
- 1 small piece of Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 each Potato
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Deshi Ghee (optional)
- Wash the Chicken and keep aside.
- Peel the potatoes n cut into halves. Wash them.
- Take a heavy bottom saucepan.. Heat oil.
- When oil start to smoke... Add potatoes... Fry till little brown.. Keep aside.
- Now in remaining oil add Bay leaf, Cardamom, Clove n Cinnamon.. Let them crackle... Add chopped garlic.. Fry till golden brown.. B careful not to burn... Keep flame medium.. Add chopped onion.. Stir continuously.. Fry till transparent n pink colour.
- Now add chopped ginger.. Green chilli chopped n chopped tomatoes.. Add half tspn salt.. Salt help to get soft tomatoes.. Keep lid.. Do flame low.
- After five minutes open the lid n mash the tomatoes with masher.
- Now add all dry spices like.. Coriander, cumin, turmeric n red chilli pdr.. Stir continuously.. In medium flame.
- Now add chicken pieces.. Mix well.. Coat all chicken pieces with spices. Add salt as required. Keep flame medium.
- Cover the lid... Chicken releases water.. So don't add water now.. If u want slow cooking than cook chicken for 30 min with lid.. Check it in between n stir well.
- After 30 min u can see all water evaporated n there is only spices n oil remain...and chicken gets half done.
- Now add fried potatoes... Add one glass water approximate 200 ml..or lil more as u want more grab.. Chicken n Potatoes shld dip in water.
- Cover the lid n do flame high.. Let it boil. When it boil for five-minute.. Do flame medium. Let the chicken and potatoes get soft... Stir occasionally.
- After 15-20 min it's done.. U got a thick gravy.. Now add Deshi ghee.. Sprinkle coriander leaves. It's done.
- If you don't want slow cooking than use pressure cooker... Fry all spices in high flame with chicken.. When Chicken well coated n release oil.. Add potatoes and water.. Close the pressure cooker lid n give 2 whistle.
- Slow cooking gives the delicious taste of chicken coz all juice of chicken comes out in gravy.
That's potato curry, Special thanks to Shipra Sengupta for making this delicious recipe.