Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling
It's easy to learn how to make sandwich cookie . sandwich cookie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make sandwich cookie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the sandwich cookie ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- FOR CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz unsalted butter,at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips,I used holiday colored ones
- FOR PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING
- 4 oz salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream, or any cream you have
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350. line baking sheets with parchment paper
- MAKE COOKIES
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in.
- Add flour mixture and mix in well but don't over mix dough is thick
- Add chocolate chips and mix in
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan 2 inches apart
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes until just set, This is very important, do NOT over bake or they will become crunchy not chewy when cool. Cool in pan 5 minutes than transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- MAKE PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING
- Beat utter, confectioners sugar, cream and peppermint extract until light and fluffy.
- Divide filling evenly on half of cookies the top with another cookie to make a sandwich.
- To keep filling from sqeezing it when eating I freeze these cookies individually and remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. If serving all at one time refrigerate 1 hour to firm filling up a bit. They freeze great.
That's sandwich cookie recipes, Special thanks to fenway for making this delicious recipe.