Almond Crumble Mince Pies
It's easy to learn how to make brandy butter recipe for mince pies. brandy butter recipe for mince pies is one of my favorite menu.
How to make brandy butter recipe for mince pies easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the brandy butter recipe for mince pies! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 300 g plain flour
- 175 g butter (usually pastry is half fat to flour but I use extra for added buttery crispness)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- Last-minute Christmas mincemeat https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/480570-last-minute-christmas-mincemeat?ref=recipe
- For the streusel topping:
- 100 g plain flour
- 60 g butter, at room temperature
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 g flaked almonds
- Put the flour, butter and cinnamon in a food processor and gradually pulse until you have a mixture the texture of fine breadcrumbs. You can also do this by hand using your finger tips to rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the sugar and egg yolk, and about 2 tbsp water. Pulse until the dough starts to form.
- When the pastry looks like this, tip it out onto a floured surface and use your hands to gently bring together into a ball. Flatten, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- For the streusel topping, place the flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse to fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the flaked almonds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Roll out the chilled pastry and cut out circles of dough big enough to line bun tins, there was enough pastry to make 24, but I had one deep set of tins and one shallow set.
- Half fill the shells with mincemeat, then sprinkle the streusel mixture over to cover. Sprinkle a few slivered almonds on the top of each and then bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Allow to sit in the tins for about 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire tray. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and topped with a spoonful of brandy cream.
That's brandy butter recipe for mince pies, Special thanks to Joanne for making this delicious recipe.