Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona)
It's easy to learn how to make christmas cookie . christmas cookie is one of my favorite menu.
How to make christmas cookie easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the christmas cookie ! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 kilo All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina
- 100 grams Sugar
- 1/2 liter Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 200 ml fresh Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Clove
- 2 grated Orange Peels
- 500 grams Sugar
- 500 ml Water
- 200 grams Honey
- 250 grams Walnuts chopped
- A) In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the flour. Once all is combined add in the flour a little at a time and knead all the ingredients until it has become one mass.
- B) Take a small piece of dough at a time and start to knead in your hands and shaping it in the form of an egg. Place each one Melomakarano into a large baking pan and bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- C) In a large sauce pan add in the ingredients for the syrup and boil for about 15 minutes and until thickened.
- D) When the cookies have baked pour the hot syrup over them and top with the chopped Walnuts.
- I wanted to thank my Aunt Soula in Greece, and my mom for treating us with their delicious Christmas Cookies. 🙂 Euxaristo poli Theia Soula…na ste kala kai Kales Giortes. Kali Orexi!!! Kala Xristougenna kai Kales Giortes everyone!! With the recipe I am wishing everyone A very Merry Xmas, Happy Holidays to all!!! 🙂
That's christmas cookie recipes, Special thanks to Foodzesty for making this delicious recipe.