Rich, Buttery French Bread Rolls
It's easy to learn how to make french bread. french bread is one of my favorite menu.
How to make french bread easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the french bread! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1 a) table bread b) for sweet toppings For the bread dough
- 1 a) 150 grams b) 150 grams Semi strong flour
- 1 a) 50 grams b) non Water
- 1 a) 50 grams b) 100 grams Milk
- 1 a) 10 grams b) 15 grams Unsalted butter
- 1 a) 7 grams b) 15 grams Sugar
- 1 a) 2 grams b) 2 grams Natural Salt
- 1 a) 2 grams b) 2 grams Dry yeast
- 1 for the slashes ＊Butter
- [Bread machine] Set the yeast in the compartment. Put the ingredients in the pan and press start. After the ingredients are mixed to a dough add the butter (after 5 to 6 minutes). Leave everything to the bread machine after this.
- If you're using a bread machine go to Step 9.
- [Hand kneading] Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Put the sugar and yeast in the well and salt along the sides, away from the sugar.
- Pour the mixture of water and milk warmed to 35°C into the well and bring the mixture together as a dough.
- After mixing into a dough, tip it onto a work surface. Knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and knead further until it turns into a smooth dough. Shape into a ball and cover with a moistened tea towel to prevent from drying. Leave to rise.
- Dust your forefinger and press the dough with it. If the hole keeps it's shape the dough has risen enough. If it springs back leave to rise for a little longer.
- After the first rising punch the air out and divide the dough into 6 portions. Shape into small balls. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and reshape into small balls.
- Leave the dough to rise again (until they've almost doubled in size). Do not let them dry. Start to pre-heat the oven to 250°C.
- Dust the surface of the dough with flour and make slashes on top. Put some butter inside each slash. Spray some water on top.
- Lower the oven temperature to 220°C and bake for 10 minutes at first. Lower to 200°C and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden brown.
- After leaving to cool, enjoy!
- When you use a bread machine in summer and it's hot use water at room temperature. (Also ideally preheat the oven to the highest temperature first.)
That's french bread, Special thanks to cookpad.japan for making this delicious recipe.