Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
It's easy to learn how to make sour cream chocolate cake recipe. sour cream chocolate cake recipe is one of my favorite menu.
How to make sour cream chocolate cake recipe easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the sour cream chocolate cake recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- For the cake:
- 18 oz. devil's food cake mix
- 3 oz. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- For the frosting:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 c butter
- 4 1/2 c sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (optional)
- Divide batter into two 10-inch round baking pans (you can use other pans and baking times according to the directions on the cake mix box). Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- For the frosting, in large pan over low heat melt and stir semisweet chocolate pieces and butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Stir in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Makes 4 cups.
That's sour cream chocolate cake recipe, Special thanks to Firl Family Recipes for making this delicious recipe.