Gluten free/Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
It's easy to learn how to make vegan pancakes. vegan pancakes is one of my favorite menu.
How to make vegan pancakes easily?
In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the vegan pancakes! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime potluck, follow these easy steps for some excellent bites!
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp egg replacer (I use 11/2tbl water and 1/2tbl ground flax)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave nectar (maple syrup if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes- mashed or pureed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast or baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- Brands used
- 1 "Bob's red mill all-purpose flour" contains potato starch, garbanzo bean, white sorghum, and fava bean flour
- 1 "Bob's red mill old fashioned rolled oats"
- In a large bowl combine 1c milk and lemon juice. Add oats. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften
- if using flax as egg replacer, combine and let stand 5 minutes to achieve egg like texture.
- Whisk together egg replacer, oil, agave nectar (maple syrup), remaining 1/3c milk, and mashed sweet potatoes. Add to oat mixture.
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder, yeast (baking soda), and cinnamon.
- Lightly oil medium pan and preheat to medium heat. Pour desired sized pancakes. When bubbly and sides firm flip ave cook until golden brown
- Top with desired dressing! syrup, pecans, etc.
That's vegan pancakes, Special thanks to Vegan Mommy for making this delicious recipe.